It is a great weekend here in New York City, as the New York Giants face off against the New England Patriots in Indianopolis, IN. I’ve included some NY Giants Bars, Super Bowl Parties Tips & Recipes!
Every bar in the Tri-State Area will have the Superbowl LIVE on every flat-screen with surround sound booming. If you are looking for a bar, that paints the only color that matters, RED, WHITE, & BLUE, check them out! The owners and staff are DIE HARD fans and GIANTS memorabilia is covered all over!
- The East End Bar & Grill: 1664 1st Ave.
- The Hill: 416 3rd Ave.
- Tonic East: 411 3rd Ave.
- The Bull Pen: 1678 1st Ave.
If you are planning to host your own Super Bowl party, check out CBSNews‘ Do’s and Dont’s on a successful Super Bowl party!
- DO-Adjust your TV before your guests arrive. Make sure the colors are at their optimum and that the team colors really shine. Make sure, if you have it, that the HD channel for the game is cued up, and if you have a format you want them to watch on, say letterbox or widescreen, make sure you are already good to go.
- DO-DVR the game. You can’t rely on the announcers to cue up all of the replays you are going to want to watch. So if there is a flag on the play and you want to rewatch the moment, you can. Have a Super Bowl ad that has left you speechless? Rewind it.
- DON’T-Leave valuables and furniture around the living or TV room where you are going to be watching. You want people to feel comfortable jumping around, and making noise. That means that obstacles have to be removed from the couch to the television. And if people are going to be making a fuss, you probably want to put away those valuable family heirlooms that might be important.
- DO-Decorate! Get some NY Giants flags, helmets, bobble headed dolls, jerseys, footballs. Break out that silly sombrero chip and dip bowl, paper napkins in team colors. However you want to focus your decoration, make it fun, go crazy and make it football.
- DO-Have EVERY guest turn their keys over to a big bowl as they walk in. That way everyone’s keys are in one place in case one car is blocking another and someone has to leave early. It also allows you to keep an eye on who has over-indulged as the guests leave. Know who is sober at your party, that way you can use them to give rides. Also have a cab phone number at the ready in case you have a tipsy friend who can’t get a ride.
Also Check out Food Network Stars, Pat & Gina Neelys‘ Super Bowl Recipes!
BE RESPONSIBLE: Don’t Drive & Drive.
FACT: Researchers say that Domestic Violence increases on Super Bowl Sunday. Remember Guys, It’s Only A Game.
Enjoy This Weekend & Hilarious Commercials!
- Isaiah [@Urban_Foodie14]
Recipes Courtesy of The Neelys’ For more recipes, check out their new cookbook, The Neelys’ Celebration Cookbook
Do’s & Dont’s Courtesy of CBS News